Before Cambridge Analytica totally outsmarted all other ways to finding and mining the data for its employers, people usually relied a lot on Facebook polls.
There are a few very important questions, to which Facebook poll is an answer. How toget a lot of people to answer your survey? Poll! How to reach out to a unique focus group and get their opinion on something? Poll! How to make people think that things are either black or white – skip grey? Poll!
In this post, we’re going to show you how to create a poll on Facebook – in an easy step by step (screenshots) process.
1. Create a Poll on a Page
Irrespective of whether you’re a big social media celebrity with your own fan page or you have a business page, you can always create a Facebook poll.
Such polls are used to gauge the popularity of an influencer, to get answers related to a particular (already segmented) audience and to know more about one’s audience/prospects.
There is no limit to how well and how effectively you can use them to make the most out of your page and your audience.
Whether it is a personal page or a business one, here is how you make a poll:
- Open facebook.com in your browser and log in to your personal or business account.
- Go to the page inside which you want to create a poll.
- Click/tap the box that says “Write a post…”
- Once clicked the “Write a post…”, you see the ellipses on the extreme right side as you can see in the SS pasted above. This is the icon for more options. Now click/tap this icon.
- Once you click this icon, you see many options, because thanks to how fast Facebook evolved, now there are a lot of options to choose from e.g. Photos, Get Messages, Feeling, Watch Party and Check in, etc. Anyhow, once you clicked/tapped the ellipses, this is the box that you see – and in there you see the option to make a poll. Click/tap that button.
- Once you click/tap that button, you can now write your question, idea or suggestion, etc., in the comment box and then use the option 1 and 2 to create a poll.
- As you can see, in the image above, there is an option to set the time duration. By default, this time is 1 week, but you can choose 1 day, never and even customize the option to finish the poll at the exact time when you want.
- To make your poll even more engaging and interesting, you can also add a picture or Gif to each of the questions that you ask.
And this is how you create a poll on your page. If at any time you feel like you do not need this poll or you’ll create it later, you can simply click/tap Remove Poll (see in the picture above), and you can remove the poll.
2. Create Poll on an Event
Now, this is a wonderful option to check as to how many people are aware of an event, how many of them support it and what people feel about the event/cause/day, etc.
Here is how you create a poll – the best thing is to create a poll on an event, that event does not have to be yours. Even the events that no one shared with, but you see them only because your friends like them – you can make a poll on them and mind arising from them.
Here is how you do so:
- Log in to your Facebook go to the home page. On the bottom left side, you will find the option of ‘Events’. Click that option.
- Now you’re on the events page and you see all the events that are coming next, that you may like, that your friends like and that are religious etc. From any of these lists, pick the events that you want to create a poll about. Here are the options and the UI that you will see right below the image, once you choose an event.
- Once you click “Discussion”, you can see the same option to write something. Also visible is the option to “Create Poll” – click that option and follow the same procedure that I have explained above.
3. Create a Poll in a Group
Business group or for that matter any group can prove to be a goldmine of data if you know how to mine it with polls.
Here is how you do this.
- You go to the group where you want to create a poll.
- You follow the same procedure that you do in case of the page – except, here you get the option to add as many answer options as you want.
- You can also let people choose multiple options or add more options to the poll if they find that important option(s) have been left out.
4. Create a Poll in Facebook Group Chat
Last, but not the least, in case you see some value in a Facebook group that you created or you’re a member of, you can create a poll in that group to get:
- Group member’s opinion on some new idea/strategy/item
- Group member’s vote on something crucial that has to be decided with the majority vote
- Group member’s overall opinion is not of a binding nature, but one that will help you with any personal/business decision.
Here is how you make one.
- Login to your Facebook and go to messenger by clicking messenger icon in top-right menu. Then go to the group where you want to create a poll.
- At the bottom of the group window, there are certain options e.g. Gif, Sticker, and Image, etc. Click the + sign and then click on the poll icon. It would be the first one – from right to left.
- Now you see the options to “Ask a question” and “Add an option”. Ask the question in the relevant field and then add as many options as you need. The little white x next to a question will help you delete a question that you do not need.
I hope this post answers all your questions about creating a poll on Facebook.